How to Post To Your Website
- Prepare pdf
- Prepare image file
- Choose your posting method
How To Title Your Posts
- Remember, posts are SORTED BY TITLE. So if you want to sort by date of the show, put the date at the beginning of your titles. Example:
“2008 November – A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum”
- Put the YEAR FIRST. Example:
- 2009 November 12 – “The Price”
- 2008 November 14 – “The Last Game Show”
- 2007 November 13 – “Freedom, Texas”
- DO NOT put the month or day number first, that will confuse the sort. Example:
- Nov 12, 2009
- Nov 13, 2008
- Nov 14, 2010
How To Prepare A PDF
- Compress the PDF
- Convert the PDF to a picture
- Resize, crop, and rotate the image
To compress PDF’s:
You can perform this step for all pdf’s stored in the same folder, instead of one-by-one.
- Put all of your pdf’s into one folder on your computer. Don’t include any other types of files.
- Go to CVisionTech
- Check on “Compress” and “Web Optimize”
- Click “Select Documents”
- With your mouse, draw a box around all of your pdf’s (by clicking in the white space, and then dragging).
- Click “Open”
- Go do something else while the process works.
- When the “File Processing Status” progress bar stops, click “Download All”
To convert PDF to an image (improved instructions 1/13/2012):
- Go to:
- Click the “Browse” button, and locate your pdf file.
- Click the quality button, which probably has “Good” selected, and change it to “Excellent”.
- Click the “Convert PDF to JPG” button.
- Wait a moment, until you see “Your document has been processed!”
- Under “JPG Pictures”, click “Download”
- Save the picture to your computer.
To Crop/Edit the Image:
- Go to:
- Click “Upload from your computer”
- Upload the image you just created from your source pdf file
- In the side-panel, click “Basic”
- Click “Crop”
- Drag the white blocks at the corners of your image to crop it.
- In the side-panel, click “Apply”
- Perform other edits as needed. Explore side-panel. Remember to click “Apply” after each edit.
- In the side-panel, click “Done”
- Click “Save”
Two Ways To Post
There are two ways to post to your website:
- Post by email: To post Yahoo Stationary, formatted email, or HTML.
- Post via the posting screen: To upload a PDF, image, or Picasaweb image-link
Posting Via the Posting Screen
- Click “Post” at the bottom of your website.
- Enter your password
- Fill out all fields.
- “Post Text” will appear at the top of the post, above images.
- “Excerpt” will appear on the summary page. For example, if you click “Seasons” on your website, you’ll see a list of all posts in the “Seasons” category, with their excerpts.
- If you do NOT click “Feature on the homepage”, then the new post will be listed on the Summary page.
Posting By Email
- Put the excerpt on a line by itself (see above for description of excerpt). Surround the excerpt with the following tags:
:excerptstart and :excerptend
- Put the title of your post on your email subject line
- put the category in brackets  on subject line of the email.
- available categories:
- Example subject line:
[Press] 2007 June – “Jewish Weekly Review”
- available categories:
- Attach the picture to the email. In the resulting post, the image will fill the page.
- Create formatted text for the body of the post, using bold, italic, etc.
- If you want to display an existing web page in the body of the post, you can copy and paste the content into your email, or attach the HTML file to the email.
How to Delete a Post
If you make a mistake, or your post comes up looking bad, delete it.
- Log into your site by clicking the “Login” link at the bottom of your website.
- Go to the post you want to delete.
- Near the top of the page, click the “Delete” button:
How to Edit a Page
- login at the bottom of the page, and go to the page you want to edit.
- wait for the progress meter to disappear.
- click the pencil at the upper left corner of the text:
- wait for the editor to load.
- click inside the text, start typing.
- Use Bold, Italic, Alignment, etc in the toolbar at the top of the text:
- To cancel your edits, click the cancel button at the bottom of the text, before saving.
- To save your edits, click the save button in the toolbar, which looks like a floppy disk. Wait for the progress-bar to go away.
- If you don’t get the “Content updated” popup message now, click the save button again.
- If you want to edit another page, go do it.
- logout at the bottom of the page
Note, do not try to edit Events, Contact, or Gallery, those are not regular pages.